January 31, 2007

I have really enjoyed your site - thank you for the hard work that must be behind it. Your responses are genuine and well thought out. You provide an excellent behavioral model for intellectual discourse.

I'd like to know your philosophical leanings. Is there a particular line of thought that you agree with, or a particular philosopher?

I have considered myself to be an atheist for many years, but have a lot of faith in Buddhist teachings (which does not rely on a creator god, but does have a significant amount of metaphysics to it). What are your thoughts on Buddhist's concepts of emptiness and interdependence?

Thank you for the kind words about me and my site. I have read the work of a great many philosophers, but there is none whose school I would put myself in. I guess the person I most admire would be Robert Ingersoll, but he's not really a philosopher.

My knowledge of Buddhism is sorely lacking, so I can't really answer your questions on these topics. Can you describe the Buddhist concepts of emptiness and interdependence to me?