January 30, 2007

I am ignostic. I can say that I have absolutely no proof there isn't or is not a god. You also have no proof there is not a god.

Extreme belief in the absence of fact is faith. Aethiests, whether they like it or not, have faith that there is no god. Strange position to take.
Good luck with all that.

There are two kinds of atheist -- those who say that there is no god, and those who say they don't have sufficient reason to believe in a god. I am of the latter sort.

I agree with you that there is no proof that there is no god. Where we differ is that I allow the possibility that there is proof for the existance of god that I have not thought of yet. From my perspective, it is you who are making a statement of faith -- that there is no possible proof for the existence of god that you have not thought of.

That -- plus the fact that I don't want to define my beliefs by what I don't know -- is why I don't call myself agnostic.