May 29, 2007

My husband was an athiest when I met him and I was very very religious. He kept pushing my faith and asking questions until the questions were more real to me than the faith. I appreciate him for that, though at the time it was hard. I don't take anything for granted anymore and I think things through better than I used to. I feel like Atheism has made me into a better person. I am now a thinking person instead of a following person. It is a rare breed of Xian who thinks. This is a great site, and a funny one. Thanks!

Thanks for the great story! I believe that anyone – religious or not – who spends significant time examining their own beliefs and assumptions will end up a better person. Unfortunately it seems rare for people to go through this kind of introspection, regardless of where their beliefs come from. I wish there were more thinking people like you!

No comments: