May 28, 2007

I really enjoy the site and the blog. I happen to be a rather conservative Christian, but feel that everyone could benefit from more discussion, a lot more humor, and a touch of irreverence once in awhile.

I do wish that my fellow Christians would defend your right to have no religion with the same intensity that they defend our positions.

Please forgive me as I sign with the same wishes I always sign with...

God Bless

Glad to hear that you value discussion and tolerance -- I wish everyone did!

As for your ending "God Bless," I don't have a problem with that. Some atheists get upset about things like this, or about when people say "you'll be in my prayers" after a tragedy, etc. Personally, I take the statement in the positive spirit it is given and accept the compliment even if I don't agree with the metaphysics behind it. (For what it's worth, I don't get angry about retail clerks saying "Have a nice day," either.)

No comments: