May 28, 2007

I can give you a source that will answer all of what you're looking for and I can guarantee that you can't read it from cover to cover and not believe. Its called the BIBLE. And don't try to tell me you already have, because I know you're lying.

My home library has nearly 100 Bibles and books about Judeo-Christian scripture. I've read the Bible in whole several times, in a variety of translations, including the 12-volume Interpreter's Bible. I've read particular parts of the Bible more than this, including multiple readings of the Gospels when I was putting together my www.gospelsinparallel.com Web site.

Can you tell me what it is in the Bible that you think would compel an atheist to theism? You may be interested to know that it was my first attempt to read the Bible from cover to cover as a teenager -- and the religious community's response to my questions about what I was reading -- that lead me down the road to atheism.

I look forward to your response. I also hope that your knowledge of the truth of your beliefs is based on something stronger than your "knowledge" that I have not read the Bible.

No comments: